Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Break in FL!!

Okay y'all! I'm super excited for this post. I've been working on it for a while. If you've been reading my recent posts, you'll know that I was going to do nightly posts from Florida, then I was going to do the first couple days joined together, but it ends up I'm doing one big post! Hope you guys don't mind!

First of all, I had an amazing time! The weather was perfect and of course I was on the beach catching some rays! Who wouldn't?! Basically, we go to Florida every year over spring break. I have gone since I was a baby! We go with my mom's side of the family, which is HUGE. I have two grandparents, four aunts, four uncles, seven cousins (six are under the age of four!), two more baby cousins on the way, and my family (which consists of mom, dad, my two sisters, my brother, and me!) To top it all off, we stay under one roof for the entire week. Let's just say the house we have to stay in so that there is enough room for us is MAGNIFICENT! I will include some pictures later... :) Oooh! I also finished The Fault in our Stars on the way down! Yep, you heard that right! I read the entire book in the car. I do love reading! But, this book was by far one of the best books I think I have ever read! For sure go check it out! If you want to see what it's all about, check out SLBW's review here!

Day 1: We left at 2 in the morning to drive down to Florida! It was a long drive, but we are used to it. We make sure to drive through the night and catch some zzz's! When we got down there, we claimed our rooms and chilled for the rest of the night!

                                                    Four flights of stairs!

                                                    Our pool/spa area and a sliver of the beach!

Days 2-5: Nothing too exciting happened! I took the time to relax and get away from all the stressors of everyday life! You all know how that can be.. After the beach, everyone came inside and took showers. Then, we got ready for dinner. We do dinners kind of different during this week. There are six families and six nights, so each family takes a night to make "their" dinner for everyone else! We enjoyed so many delicious things that were actually healthy as well! We had pork one night, salads galore, and some fresh fruits and veggies! After dinner, we just relaxed around the house and spent time together. Lights out wasn't too far after.. We had exhausting days!

                                                   After a long, hot run one day!

                                                    I'm a loser.... awkward beach selfie


                                                    The beautiful beach and ocean!

                                                    I was feeling an artistic picture.. palm trees!!

                                          The view of the house we stayed in from the beach! Ignore my uncle..


Day 6: Last day here! It was perfect! The weather was by far the best on this day! I spent all day out on the beach (no surprise there..) and it was super sad to come inside for the night! We packed up our things, had a casual dinner and got ready to leave that night! Bye-bye Florida!

                                                      What a gorgeous sunset we got to see on the last night!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time in Florida! I loooove going down to FL and soaking in the sun :)

    ReplyDelete